Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life and Death...

Wake up, get ready.
Put my scrubs on, put my hair up.
Head off to work.
Clock in.
Head off to get Virginia for breakfast.
I wonder what she's thinking.
They all eat slowly and talk about better days.
They have so much experience, sometimes I envy it.
Some good, some bad, experience none-the-less.
Life was simple back then, life is simple now.
Helping hands at your command.
But there is so much sorrow in her eyes.
I take her back to her room, look at pictures of her youth.
Blonde turned gray, but still beautiful curly locks around a wrinkled face.
As I put her down for her nap,
I ask if she's scared. 
"If I've lived my life right, I will be smiling while everyone else is crying."
she says with a smile on her face.
It brings tears to my eyes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment