Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sleep...

Why can't I sleep?

I feel like I have relatively busy days,
full of school, and work, and chores, and sports.
I feel like I should be tired.
Sometimes I just want to dream.
Fall asleep so I can dream some crazy dream.
The kind I wake up hoping is real.
The kind I wish I could fall back asleep to finish.

I have dreams.
I day dreams like crazy.

Why can't I sleep?

I dream in the day.
When I look at people I look up to.
When I see someone I aspire to be like.
My mind goes 100 miles an hour.
I feel exhausted dreaming of ways to accomplish what I want.

Why can't I sleep?

My dreams at night might be crazier than when I'm awake.
But in the end...
When I wake up...
I know I can't do anything about my sleep dreams.
No matter how real they feel or how real I want them.
I can only make my day dreams become real.
Become mine.
 
I guess I don't mind that I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment